In Slack, you can configure a CaféX Meetings slash command that creates a meeting and displays the details in the Slack channel for your users to join the meeting.
Step 1—Creating an CaféX Meetings API Key
- Create a CaféX Meetings API Key
- Under Account Settings go to 'API Management'
- Create a new API Key providing a valid email-address and description comment.
- Take note of the API Key, Slack will require this.
Step 2—Creating a Custom Slack Slash Command App
Note: A Slack Slash Command App, found under the Slack App Directory, is not the equivallent to the steps outlined here for creating an API resource.
- Within Slack visit the Slack API Apps Resource: https://api.slack.com/apps
- Select "Create an App"
- Provide a Application Name and Select the Development Workspace
- When ready press: Create App
- Configure the Slash Commands
- Select Create New Command
- Provide the command to start a Meeting: eg: /meet
- The Request URL will be: https://meetings.cafex.com/api/slack/API-KEY-GOES-HERE
- Now you must Install the new Slash Command into your workspace
- Under Basic Information of your new command, you can provide further configuration for the Slash Command, such as specifying an Icon
- Select Install App and Install App to Workspace
- You will need to Authorize the addition of the new Commands
The Commands will be installed into your workspace and you'll be able to use them by typing your chosen command: