If you have set up Box integration on your CaféX Meetings domain, your users can share a range of documents in meetings. The maximum size for these shared documents is 20MB. File types include the following:
- Microsoft PowerPoint presentation (.PPT or .PPTX)
- Microsoft Word document (.DOC or .DOCX)
- Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format file (.PDF)
- Image Formats (.JPG or .JPEG or .PNG)
Documents can be shared from Desktop Browsers and Android (Chrome & Native Application) devices.
Important: At this time, iOS devices cannot share content. If you are on an iOS device you will still be able to see content shared by other participants.
To share a document in a meeting:
- Drag and drop the file from its folder or your desktop onto the Meetings window
Click on Document Share, and in the Sharing panel, click on + to open a file.
Meetings displays a prompt while the file uploads.
Note: If you want to share a file, but its file type is not supported, you may consider opening the file in its native application, then using screen sharing for that application.
See also: Sharing Your Screen
- To enable meeting participants to download your file to their computer, check the Enable Download box.
- To enable meeting participants to navigate through the file at their own pace, check the Allow Control box.
- Click on Present to display the file to all meeting participants.
The Meetings screen display rearranges, and presents the file in the center of the screen.
- While the file is displayed, click the on-screen controls to move through the document.
- When you have finished sharing the document, click on X to close the file.
The screen rearranges back to the normal meeting display.
- In the Sharing panel, click on Delete to remove the file.