The meeting organizer can record a meeting. Meetings does not store any audio,video or screen share captures, unless you record the meeting.
Starting a Recording
- If you are the meeting organizer, to start a recording at any time during the meeting, click Recording.
Stopping a Recording
- If you are the meeting organizer, to stop a recording, click Recording. The recording is available in your user profile for you to download or delete, after you leave the meeting.
Restarting a Recording
- If a recording is stopped, as the organizer you may start another recording.
- All recordings made during a meeting are stored as separate files in your user profile.
Retrieving a Recording
- To retrieve a recording that you have made, log into CaféX Meetings, and click on Profile. Under My Recordings, click on Download to copy the .mp4 file to your computer.
- To play a recording of a meeting that you were not the organizer of, ask the organizer to download the recording and send you a link to it on a shared drive, or send you a copy of the .mp4 file.
API Meeting Recordings
You can record the meetings you create using the API when you include the
autoRecord attribute in the Meeting Scope. When the meeting starts, the meeting automatically begins recording.
Recordings are available in your user profile for up to 90 days.
- During this period, you can download or delete them.
- After this time they are deleted from storage and can no longer be retrieved. If you are going to require access to them after this time, download them and save them locally before they are purged from your user profile.
Meeting recordings are stored in the following format:
- MP4 video
- Video Codec: H.264 - MPEG-4 AVC
- Audio Codec: MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a) / Stereo 16000Hz