When you connect to a meeting, CaféX Meetings requests access to use your camera and microphone. To share your video and audio in the meeting, you must Allow this.
For example, if you are using Google Chrome, the notification look like this (other browsers present this request differently):
Changing your microphone and camera settings
During a meeting you can change which camera, microphone, and headset you use. CaféX Meetings normally selects your default settings for these, but you can change them as follows:
- Click on Settings
The Configuration Settings Panel opens.
- The Camera, Microphone, and Speakers are normally set to Default—to change to a specific device, select one from those displayed as available.
- The Test Audio will play a tone you can use to check your speaker and output volume.
- Select the other options as appropriate, for example:
- You can set your name to how you want it to appear in the meeting.
- To always have your audio or video unmuted when you join a meeting, uncheck the Join conference with muted audio (or video) box.
Note: When you are in a meeting, you can click on Mute/Unmute in the toolbar to toggle the audio or video settings.
- Click on Apply